Pathway to Stay course will help prepare international students who plan to
stay, work and live in Nova Scotia after they graduate from NSCC. The Pathway
to Stay course will help students develop key qualities, skills and attitudes
that are valued by Nova Scotia employers. The
goals of the Pathway to Stay program are:
The Pathway to Stay Program will:
- Provide support, skill-building and learning opportunities for international students
- Be delivered through Bright Space, webinars, Skype and in-person workshops
- Include learning activities on communication (writing & speaking), developing professional skills, gaining work experience, networking, resumes and cover letters, interview skills, workplace readiness, articulating experience
- Prepare students with the immigration knowledge they need to stay in Nova Scotia after they graduate
- Track participants and success rates
- Pathway to Stay is a non-credit course that was developed to help support international students who wish to stay in Nova Scotia after they graduate.
- The course will be mostly online with 1 mandatory in-person meeting (travel costs will be paid for students outside of Halifax/Dartmouth).
- You can expect to spend a maximum of 5 hours per week working on the course or participating in webinars.
- This course is open only to international students in the first year of a two-year program
How to Apply:
Please complete the application form by Tuesday, October 15th.
Monday, October 21, 2019 to Friday, April 24, 2020
Each course unit will have a theme and will include activities, webinars and discussions. The more you participate, the more you will learn and experience in the course. At a minimum, students must complete the following:
- Complete Career in Gear career exploration
all 4 webinars facilitated by Chantal Brine of EnPoint (www.youenpoint.com)
the BEST Conference at Dalhousie University on March 7, 2020
a resume and cover letter
in a One on One session with EnPoint