Home » Arriving in Canada

International Student Guidebook

Arriving in Canada

Going through Customs & Immigration

When you enter Canada, you will pass through Customs. A Canada Border Service Agency (CBSA) officer will ask to see your passport and your study and co-op work permit (or letter of authorization) and temporary resident visa (if required). If you are a permanent resident of Canada or the U.S, you should bring your Permanent Resident Card with you. Additional information is available here.

Be sure to have all important documents with you and not in your packed luggage. These documents include:  

• A valid passport.

• The letter of introduction from the visa office that you received when your study permit was approved. This contains your permit reference number which will be needed to issue you your study permit.

• A valid temporary resident visa, if required. You can determine if this is needed to enter Canada by checking this site.

• Your acceptance letter from Nova Scotia Community College.

• Any other document that was recommended by the visa office when you applied.

You will not be allowed to enter Canada if any of your documents are missing