Employee Application Deadline: October 25, 2019
ENTREPRENEURSHIP AND INNOVATION are a major focus of the Nova Scotia Community College. As part of this work we are presenting the third year of this exciting program opportunity!
The 2020 NSCC Hedge Fund Course will provide an opportunity for students from the School of Business to travel to the Grand Cayman Islands in the Caribbean to participate in a one-week course in May 2020. NSCC is offering this program in partnership with the University College of the Cayman Island (http://www.ucci.edu.ky/). The focus of the program will be to introduce participants to the theoretical and practical aspects of the hedge fund industry including accounting, administration and regulatory compliance. This course will be offered jointly to student participants from both NSCC and UCCI. The theoretical modules will be facilitated by faculty members from both institutions. Students will also have an opportunity of visiting various hedge fund industry players
Program Qualifications for Students:
This course is open to second year students from the following programs in the School of Business:
- Business Administration – Accounting Concentration
- Business Administration – Financial Services Concentration
- Business Administration – Finance Open Concentration
About the Cayman Islands and the University College of the Cayman Islands
The Cayman Islands is a British Overseas Territory in the western Caribbean Sea. The 264-square-kilometre (102-square-mile) territory comprises the three islands of Grand Cayman, Cayman Brac and Little Cayman located south of Cuba. The capital is George Town and the total population is approximately 60,000. The territory is a major offshore financial centre with strong presence of Canadian banks and other financial institutions.
The University College of the Cayman Islands (UCCI) is the only publicly funded post-secondary institution in the Cayman Islands. This institution has two campuses and offers and number of diploma, undergraduate and post-graduate programs. UCCI’s enrolment is just over 1,000 students.
- To develop and refine the skills needed to prepare for and participate in an international learning experience including research, organization, risk management, teamwork, interpersonal communication and cultural competence and sensitivity.
- To strengthen academic and portfolio profiles through enhanced understanding of hedge fund accounting, administration and other related topics.
- To identify and reflect on the differences and similarities between Canada and the Cayman Islands and the Caribbean in general.
NSCC International will provide:
- Logistical coordination (risk management, pre-departure orientation, travel documentation support, arrangement of in-country transportation and accommodation, etc.).
- Program management support.
- Employee with a continuing employment status.
- International experience considered an asset.
- Commitment to applying learning in future work with NSCC.
- Online Application (see below)
- Signed letter of support from your supervisor stating they are aware you are applying for this opportunity (uploaded to the online form)
Project Timeline (subject to change):
||Student and Faculty Application (Call for Submission)
||Design Student Learning Contract
||Program Development and Consultation with Local Partner
||Research and planning phase initiated
||Hedge Fund Course in the Cayman Islands
||Reporting and Debriefing
- Selected employees must participate in the online pre-departure course (beginning in February) and one-day pre-departure conference on Aptil 17, 2020.
APPLY NOW! Click Here for Application Form
For More Information:
Also Find Us:
Have questions? Contact Zoran Kondali: email@example.com