Student Application Deadline: November 22, 2019
ENTREPRENEURSHIP AND INNOVATION are a major focus of the Nova Scotia Community College. As part of this work we are presenting this exciting program opportunity!
An opportunity for second year IT students to do their internship placement (up to three months) at a local business in the renowned Hagenberg Software Park in Upper Austria. Students will work and live in Hagenberg and are managed by the University of Applied Sciences Upper Austria (UASUA)
This program is open to second year NSCC IT students (any concentration).
- Student must be in good academic standing
- Student must have a valid passport or able to get one
About Hagenberg, Austria and the University of Applied Sciences Upper Austria
Hagenberg is located approximately 20 kilometres north-east of the city of Linz. The Hagenberg Campus of the University of Applied Sciences Upper Austria is part of the “Softwarepark Hagenberg”, which also hosts several university research departments and software companies. With its unique combination of education, research and business, Hagenberg has established itself as a dynamic center of computing and software development with an international reputation.
The UASUA Hagenberg Campus houses the School of Infomatics, Communication and Media and offers a wide range of degree programs in the field of Information Technology. Strong ties to the IT industry, modern infrastructure and equipment as well as a dedicated teaching staff ensure a high-quality, practice-oriented education with excellent career opportunities.
The University of Applied Sciences Upper Austria (UASUA) is the largest university of applied sciences in Austria and is an integral part of the tertiary education system. The institution is defined by the requirement s of regional employment and research needs and is divided into four campuses (in Wels, Linz, Hagenberg and Steyr).
- To develop and refine the skills needed to prepare for and participate in an international learning experience including research, organization, risk management, teamwork, interpersonal communication and cultural competence and sensitivity.
- To identify and reflect on the differences and similarities between Canada and Austria in regards to the IT industry.
- To strengthen academic and portfolio profiles through enhanced research, analytical thinking, planning, communication, innovation, entrepreneurship and applied learning.
- Online Application (see below)
- ·Current Resume (uploaded to application form)
- Most recent transcript (uploaded to application form)
- Letter of motivation (uploaded to application form)
Students should complete their application on or before November 22, 2019. Following interviews with shortlisted candidates, students will be notified in the second half of November if they are accepted to participate in this program. Selected participants will then need to apply to the University of Applied Sciences Upper Austria and begin the search for an internship placement.
Project Timeline (subject to change):
||Student Application (Call for Submission)
||Student Learning Contracts finalized and signed
||Online Application to UASUA
||Interview with interested companies in Hagenburg (over Skype)
||Online Pre-Departure Course begins
||Internship in Austria
||Reporting and Debriefing
- Students accepted into this program must participate in the pre-departure online course and one-day pre-departure conference on April 17, 2020.
- Students must follow the NSCC international travel policy
Those who are interviewed but not selected may have the opportunity to be placed on a wait-list until all deposits are received.
The approximate costs associated with this program are outlined below. The exact costs will be confirmed by NSCC and UASUA and will depend on the Euroexchange rate. The following costs will be paid directly to UASUA.
Program Fee – $2,000 (payable to UASUA)
Additional Individual Costs (may vary depending on individual):
Airfare – 1,200 (approximately)
Guard.Me Travel Health Insurance – $100
Passport and Passport Photo – $100
Immunizations and Prescriptions – $50
Entry Visa – $150
Participants are responsible for the costs of their passport & passport photos ($100), immunizations and prescriptions ($50), the entry visa ($150) and any additional expenses not outlined in the Program Fee.
Students will have the opportunity to apply for a bursary of up to $500 from NSCC International (made possible through funding from the NSCC Foundation and NSCC International’s externally funded projects)to participate in the program. Application details will be sent to those selected to participate in the program.
Students who withdraw from this program after they have confirmed their participation will forfeit their deposit.
APPLY TODAY! Application Form (click to access application form)
For More Information:
Also Find Us:
Have Questions? Contact NSCC International: firstname.lastname@example.org